Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Up late with Grainline Linden

I had my Linden ready and waiting to be made up all day yesterday. So what did I do? Started sewing at 11 pm - what else?

It mostly seemed to go well (apart from the missing wristbands and associated pattern piece - had I even cut them out?) and by 2 am I was finished, cutting some more wristbands in the process. There was one little error. When I join the neckband on the flat, as I did here, well.... join shouldn't be at the front - agreed?

And it was. As much as I tried to convince myself in my dreams that there was a quick fix there wasn't. I just can't wear it that way - it bothers me too much. So I began taking the overlocked/serged neckband off in the afternoon.

 Starting the tedious process of 'unserging'!

A bit later - going a lot faster now I've got the hang of it! 

All done - now to cut out a slightly wider neckband. Luckily I have enough fabric for it! 
Ta da!! Finished - baggy neck and all. 

This is my second Linden (first seen by me on Jane at The Drapery). The neck is loose fitting on both mine, but I don't mind it that way. I have also lengthened the body by 6 cm - I'm 5' 8" and need the extra length in most things. The Linden sleeves, however, are quite long enough - even for me! But that's how I want them.

Have you ever made anything with just a little error that you couldn't live with? Did you fix it or leave it and wear it or just put it in the corner to attend to later???

Fabric: used nearly 2m of Knitwit Dunedin Rugby knit, cream

For my first Linden (not posted): beautifully soft Japanese French terry in 'Lagoon' - 2m approximately - can't remember exactly how much. The material is 170cm wide so probably less than 2m. Jane and Fiona at The Drapery always try to make sure I have enough, but not too much!

 What a day with my Linden - might have a cuppa now!

This blog post has been written whilst repairs to garment were in progress. That's hard work!






No comments:

Post a Comment