Monday, November 2, 2015

Packing for a long trip and home at last

I've been away for awhile visiting family on the other side of the world. I want to keep up with my blog and not abandon it after a few posts as I've done with other blogs before!

Before I get back to sewing, I thought I'd put down some of my thoughts on what to pack! This I will review when I pack next time!

What to pack:
I took about ten times more than I needed! I found that some of my cotton woven tops could be hand-washed and dried really quickly. One of my scout tops I wore every day for about 10 days (washed every night of course)! This of course made me realise how little I really need to take on a trip - even if it is a long one.

I think I wanted to take everything that I'd made. I couldn't bear to leave my precious clothes
behind! What if I needed something I had left out of the suitcase???

Next time I'm going to take a small bag (carry-on size), and when it's full it will be closed. That's it. There will be no arguments (with myself) as to what to take.

Useful clothes:
I found that my slightly lengthened (in body and sleeves) Scout top and my Style Arc Fiona cardigan became the most important items in my wardrobe along with my Anita ponti pants in a lovely Tessuti material, my green Linden top for cooler weather and some oyster bengaline Style Arc (slightly widened and lengthened legs) Tori capri pants.  Oh and my Swoon cardigan that I almost didn't take with me because it was only the muslin (one that I'd come to wear a lot in the cold weather at home though). I wore my Plantain tee with the 3/4 length sleeves a few times too.



My own design simple A-line skirt and my tiny pocket tank cotton tops were great for the hot weather in Portugal. And did I need all those shoes??? Really - no!





I just need a bit of willpower and realise that I don't need to go on a sewing frenzy before I leave home - I honestly do have enough clothes for day to day wear. If I keep telling myself this it might just sink in!

How to start sewing again - I just don't know where to start! This always happens when I get back from a holiday. Any ideas???

No comments:

Post a Comment